Monday 12 May 2008

Slight delay there, but we're back to where we were

Like a bad flu at the end of a holiday, the GCSE exams arrive. Two years of my education, tested on in a period of about 4 weeks. Sucks really, one mistake here, and I'm finished, done, and I'll have to go live in a gutter and live on benefits. But in all honesty, I know I wont cock up that much, being the smart arse I am. I'll get my 6 A*-C's needed to get into Sixth form, and probibly pass with flourish. But it's the thought, the idea that I could fail which is getting me wound up.

I'd say "There has to be an alternative to this horrible examination system that encourages memorization instead of learning, and promotes a phobia of intellect as the copycat can perform just as well", but there isn't one I can think of. The education system puts pressure on teens, we work, we get grade, we move onto the far more interesting idea of A-levels. Only way I can think of the tests working practically. I mean, I hate it's inflexibility, but it just has to happen. A necessary evil.

Anyway, in other news, the heatwave in England has finally ended, and with it comes the cold. It's horrible, all chilly and grey, like badly made mashed potato that's been left to stand for a few hours. And it's not doing great things for my mood, which is already stressed (As above). Ah well, I shall persevere.

There, that's a rant on my life. I promise (If there is in fact anyone listening) that I will do something a bit more, how to say, topical, next post.

No comments: